When a new School Year Calendar starts in Scholastic Digital Manager, your existing classes are automatically archived. Although teachers can select previous years and see class details, details in any previous year's classes are read-only.
Once you've configured next school year's classes in Canvas and added Scholastic Digital Manager to the appropriate modules, here's how to ensure that your those classes will sync with Scholastic Digital Manager in the new school year.
As a school administrator, you must first configure your school year calendar in Scholastic Digital Manager. You can edit the date on which your school year begins and ends using the School Year Management tool in Scholastic Digital Manager.
- Be sure to set your new school year's Start Date in Scholastic Digital Manager to the corresponding date of your actual school calendar.
- For more information on using this tool, please refer to How do I manage my school year calendar?
- Additionally, ensure that Scholastic Digital Manager has been added to your Canvas instance
Once the new school year starts and your new classes are configured in Canvas (including adding Scholastic Digital Manager to your course's module), you can now launch Scholastic Digital Manager from within Canvas.
- When you launch Scholastic Digital Manager in the new school year, you will be prompted to assign a grade (or grades) to your class. Please note that you will need to do this for every class synced with Scholastic Digital Manager — including closing Scholastic Digital Manager, returning to your Canvas account, and launching Scholastic Digital Manager once again from each Canvas course.
- Before any of your students launch Scholastic Digital Manager, your class will appear empty. Student accounts are created or synced whenever students launch Scholastic Digital Manager — at which point student accounts will automatically populate in a class. Please note that students will need to do this for every class in which they are enrolled. If a student is in more than one class, they will need to return to Canvas and launch Scholastic Digital Manager from within each Canvas course.
- If a student is missing, first have the student launch Scholastic Digital Manager from within Canvas.
- Once your students' accounts have populated in your class, we recommend reviewing your class and confirming student access. All students will be automatically granted access to all student-facing programs activated by their teacher; therefore, we recommend reviewing your class list in case there are students whose access you'd prefer to revoke.