At some point during the school year, you may need to remove a student from your class. Depending on your roster method, there are a few different ways to accomplish this.
When required, you can remove students from your classes. This can be done from the MANAGE ACCESS page in SDM. Be certain to select the correct class from the drop-down menu first.
- Check the boxes beside the students you would like to remove from your class. Or, you can select ALL STUDENTS to remove everyone.
- Select REMOVE STUDENT(S) from the drop-down menu.
- Once you confirm your choice, the student or students will be removed from your class.
- You can add a student back into your class at any time.
Once students are removed, you will no longer be able to manage their student accounts. Removing a student from your class will not affect that student’s ability to log into SDM or access products made available to them by other classes.
Changes made to district information within your Clever account will update and sync with Scholastic Digital Manager during a nightly automated sync process. This includes:
- New classes.
- Changes to existing classes.
- Student information such as first and last name and grade level.
- New students added to classes or existing students removed from classes.
Changes to your class roster, such as adding new classes, adding and removing students, or making spelling corrections, must be done in Google Classroom and resynced with SDM.
- Make any desired changes in Google Classroom.
- Sign in to SDM using your Google Classroom account and select MANAGE CLASS.
- Choose a class and select RESYNC to resync any changes to your existing class
Any changes made in your district’s or building’s Learning Management System will update and sync with SDM upon sign in.
- Each time an educator launches SDM from inside your LMS, their list of classes will automatically sync with SDM. Also, once an educator launches SDM for the first time, their students will also be able to launch SDM from within the LMS.
- Student accounts are not created or synced until that student first launches SDM. This means that a newly created class will at first appear empty—but as soon as your students also launch SDM, they will automatically be added to your classes. Any edits or updates to student account information will also be synced.