If you are a Classroom Magazines user, please use the Connect with Google Classroom instructions provided by Classroom Magazines.
When preparing your Google Classroom classes for import into SDM, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Class names cannot contain special characters or emojis.
- Students must have first names and last names in order to be imported. These fields are required by Scholastic Digital Manager and so you will need to add them to each student in your class before import.
If you've tried to import a class but the page gets stuck on a spinning icon, or if your class is appearing empty within Scholastic Digital Manager, you likely have students in your class without a valid first or last name.
If your Google Classroom is not managed by a school administrator, meaning your students are accessing Google Classroom using their personal accounts, you may need to edit their account settings:
- Ask the affected student(s) to log into classroom.google.com
- Select the student's avatar icon at the top right of the screen and select the Manage Your Google Account button.
- Select Personal Info from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Name field.
- Select the pencil icon and a Change Name pop-up will appear. Edit the fields so that the student has a first name and last name (or, at the very least, the last initial).
- Select Done.
- Once this is completed for all affected students, sign back into SDM and navigate to the Classes tab.
- Select the affected class and click Resync Class.
If you are not able to manage your students’ accounts, remove the affected student(s) from your Google Classroom, and then try the import again. We also recommend contacting your school administrator to request that these fields be filled in for each student.