Google Classroom assignments can be created for the following programs:
- Scholastic Literacy Pro
- Scholastic F.I.R.S.T.
- Scholastic W.O.R.D.
- Scholastic Go!
- Scholastic Classroom Magazines.
Creating an Assignment
Educators can instantly create Google Classroom assignments and share them from within Scholastic digital programs. These assignments will direct students straight to the content most relevant to them.
- Sign in to SDM using your Google Classroom account.
- Launch the program you would like to share with your students and navigate to where in the product you would like to direct them—a specific book, article, or (for products like F.I.R.S.T. and W.O.R.D.) the program page.
- Program pages can be found in the top-left hand menu of your reports dashboard and will link your students directly to a program as they see it.
- Select the SHARE icon. You will be redirected to the SHARE TO CLASSROOM PAGE where you can choose the class and the action you would like to assign.
- Select GO and add a message for your class before selecting POST.
Accessing an Assignment
Once you create an assignment, it will show up in the classroom stream for all students in your class. Here’s how your students can access their assignments:
- Students open the assignment within their Google Classroom stream.
- They select the link within the newly created assignment.
- Students sign in by selecting SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
- Once signed in, students are launched directly to the assignment’s content.