If you are a district or school administrator, you can manage your district or building’s school year calendar within SDM. Creating a school year calendar in SDM allows your district or building to roster classes and access Scholastic products based on your true school year, ensuring your (and your students’) usage is not interrupted even as the school year changes.
From within your Administrator Dashboard:
- Select the School Year Calendar icon in the upper right corner.
- You can add a new school year by selecting Add School Year.
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating and editing school years:
- All school years require a name, a start date, and an end date.
- Administrators can add future school years at any time.
- Only the end date can be edited for a school year that has already started.
- School years must start in one calendar year and end in the following calendar year.
- One school year may not overlap with another within the same district or building.
Schools within a district will automatically inherit the calendar years settings at the district level; however, school administrators can opt-out of district calendar settings by deselecting USE DISTRICT CALENDAR SETTINGS. School administrators can opt back into the district calendar settings at any time for current and future school years.