On the landing page of the Scholastic Teacher Dashboard, teachers see a Snapshot showing their students’ weekly activity in Ready4Reading. Data is accumulated throughout the week, as students read decodable texts and complete the associated activities. The Snapshot resets every Monday.
The Ready4Reading Snapshot provides the following information:
Most Completed Texts
This section shows the digital Short Reads Decodables and Read to Know Text Sets with the most activity during the current week. To view the skills focus and student performance for each Short Reads Decodables card or Read to Know Text Set, select the icon to the right. This will open the Ready4Reading Explore page and provide more detailed information. Read to Know Text Sets and Short Reads Decodables Student Cards appear only if students have completed the corresponding Word Warm-Up and/or Read & Record activities.
Average Fluency for Read & Record
This graph shows the number of students at each of the three levels of proficiency, based on a student’s performance in the Read & Record activities, completed during the current week. Teachers can select a segment to see the students at that level of proficiency.
Note: Average Fluency is determined using speech recognition, powered by SoapBox Labs. The quality of the recording may impact a student’s score.
At right, additional information about students’ work during the current week includes:
- Word Warm-Ups Completed: The total number of Word Warm-Up activities completed by students in this class. Students must complete the Word Warm-Up activity prior to reading a digital text.
- Read & Records Completed: The total number of Read & Record activities completed by students in this class. Students have the option to complete the Read & Record activity after they read a digital text.
- Texts Read: The total number of digital cards from Short Reads Decodables and texts from Read to Know read during the week.
L2M Assessments/Grade Equivalents
Letters2Meaning (L2M) assesses a student’s proficiency with letter identification, letter- sound identification, word reading, spelling, and comprehension skills, and provides a grade equivalent for each student. This graph shows the number of students above, on, and below grade level. It also compares students' first administration of L2M to their most recent administration.
Percentage of Students On/Above Level
Identifies the percentage of students who are on or above their grade equivalent in their most recent administration of the L2M assessment.
More information about individual students’ work in Ready4Reading.
On the landing page of the Scholastic Teacher Dashboard, teachers see a Snapshot showing student activity in Ready4Reading digital materials. They may select Explore from the upper right to view additional student data.
At the top of the Explore screen, teachers will see class stats for the date range selected.
- Text Sets Completed: The total number of digital Read to Know Text Sets completed by the class. Each text is accompanied by a Word Warm-Up and a Read & Record activity. Students must read the digital text and complete both activities for all three texts in a set in order for the text set to be seen as completed.
- Short Reads Completed: The total number of digital Short Reads Decodables completed by the class. Each card is accompanied by a Word Warm-Up and a Read & Record activity. Students must read the digital text and complete both activities for a card to be seen as completed.
- L2M Assessments Completed: The total number of L2M assessments taken by students in the class. “Average Assessments” refers to the average number of assessments completed per student.