If your district already uses Canvas, connecting with SDM is easy! Please note that these steps are for your organization's Canvas Administrator. If you are a Classroom Magazines user, please use the Connect Using Canvas instructions provided by Classroom Magazines.
- Access your LTI credentials inside Scholastic Digital Manager.
- Add Scholastic Digital Manager as an LTI App in Canvas.
- Launch Scholastic Digital Manager.
For more details, please refer to the instructions below:
Your LTI credentials consist of three pieces of information: the SECRET, the KEY, and the LAUNCH URL. You will need them to successfully connect Scholastic Digital Manager and Canvas.
- Go to https://digital.scholastic.com and sign in using your email address and password.
- Once signed in, select the LTI Info icon on the upper right corner.
- The LTI Information page lists the secret and the key for your organization. It also lists the launch URL for SDM and your active subscriptions. You will need the secret, the key, and the launch URL for the next step.
- Sign in to Canvas, select the Admin tab, and then select Settings
- In the Settings page, select the Apps tab
- Select View App Configurations next to the External Apps label
- Click on the blue “+App” button to open up the app configuration window.
- Select “Manual Entry” as the Configuration Type
- Write “Scholastic Digital Manager” in the name field
- Copy the “Key” from your LTI information page in SDM and paste it into “Consumer Key”
- Copy the “Secret” from your LTI information page in SDM and paste it into “Shared Secret”
- Copy the "Launch URL" from your LTI information page in SDM and paste it into "Launch URL"
- Set the Privacy on this new app to Public
- Select the Submit button
- Now, teachers at your organization can add Scholastic Digital Manager to their courses by selecting a course module and adding an External Tool. Please note: when adding Scholastic Digital Manager as an external tool, you must select the Load in a new tab option.
For more information about adding an External App to your Canvas instance, please see Canvas support.
To launch SDM from within Canvas:
- Sign in to Canvas.
- Select your course.
- Select the Scholastic Digital Manager link in the left-hand navigation.
- You may need to select Launch App on the following screen in order to launch Scholastic Digital Manager in a new window.
- If you are an educator launching SDM for the first time you, please navigate to the Available to You tab to activate your subscriptions.