If you are a Classroom Magazines user, please use the Connect using Schoology instructions provided by Classroom Magazines.
If your district already uses Schoology, connecting with SDM is easy!
- Access your LTI credentials inside Scholastic Digital Manager.
- Add Scholastic Digital Manager as an LTI App in Schoology.
- Launch Scholastic Digital Manager.
For more details, please refer to the instructions below:
Your LTI credentials consist of three pieces of information: the SECRET, the KEY, and the LAUNCH URL. You will need them to successfully connect Scholastic Digital Manager and Schoology.
- Go to https://digital.scholastic.com and sign in using your email address and password.
- Select LTI INFORMATION from the left-hand navigation menu.
- The LTI INFORMATION page lists the secret and the key for your organization. It also lists the launch URL for SDM and your active subscriptions. You will need the secret, the key, and the launch URL for the next step.
- Sign in to Schoology and select the App Center icon at the top of the page, then select App Center.
- Locate and select Scholastic Digital Manager in the list of available apps. If you're having trouble finding it, try sorting the app list by Type > LTI app or Categories > Language Arts. You may need to scroll down to find it.
- Select Install LTI App.
- Select I Agree to the terms and conditions in order to continue with the installation.
- Select Add to Organization. You will be directed to Organization Apps to continue the installation.
- Select Install/Remove to the right of the Scholastic Digital Manager app.
- Select either All Schools or Specific Schools depending on who needs access to your Scholastic digital suite of programs.
- You may have the option to install for All Users; All Courses; For Course Admins only or All Course Members; and/or All Groups. Check the relevant box(es) for the areas and course members you wish to install the app.
- Select Submit.
- Select Configure next to the Scholastic Digital Manager app and paste in the SECRET and KEY copied from Scholastic Digital Manager.
- Copy and paste your SECRET, KEY, and LAUNCH URL from SDM into the appropriate fields.
- Select Save Settings.
To launch SDM from within Schoology:
- Sign in to Schoology.
- Select your course.
- Select the Scholastic Digital Manager link in the left-hand navigation.
- You may need to select Launch App on the following screen in order to launch Scholastic Digital Manager in a new window.
- If you are an educator launching SDM for the first time you will be prompted to enter your program access code.