If your district already uses an LTI 1.0- or 1.2-compatible Learning Management System, connecting with SDM is easy!
- Access your LTI credentials inside Scholastic Digital Manager.
- Add Scholastic Digital Manager as an external tool within your LMS.
- Launch Scholastic Digital Manager.
For more details, please refer to the instructions below:
Your LTI credentials consist of three pieces of information: the SECRET, the KEY, and the LAUNCH URL. Only administrators can access LTI credentials.
- Go to https://digital.scholastic.com and sign in using your email address and password.
- Select LTI INFORMATION from the left-hand navigation menu.
- The LTI INFORMATION page lists the secret and the key for your organization. It also lists the launch URL for SDM and your active subscriptions. You will need the secret, the key, and the launch URL for the next step.
- Navigate to the place in your LMS settings where external tools and applications are managed.
- Select the option to ADD A NEW APP.
- Copy and paste your SECRET, KEY, and LAUNCH URL from SDM into the appropriate fields.
- Make sure that the application is set to PUBLIC.
- Save the application.
- Educators can now add SDM to their classes.
You can repeat these steps using application launch URLs in order to launch directly into specific Scholastic digital programs from within your LMS.
Please note that educators must first use SDM's launch URL in order to complete the initial sync. Student accounts will not sync if an educator launches from a program-specific URL only.
To launch SDM from within your LMS:
- Navigate to where the SDM app was added
- Select the application link to launch Scholastic Digital Manager.
- Depending on your LMS, you may need to select LAUNCH IN NEW TAB.
- If you are an educator launching SDM for the first time:
- You will be prompted to enter your program access code.
- Depending on your LMS, you may need to add the SDM application to your classes.